Find your answers here!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
Zanzibar Community.

Zanzibar Community – WeAreZanzibar Forums General Volunteering on Zanzibar

• Volunteering on Zanzibar

Posted by Ellen Gio on April 15, 2022 at 12:34 PM

Hi guys,

Would love to spend my time useful on Zanzibar and I am looking for places to volunteer. Where should I start? What organizations would really benefit from my help?

Thanks for checking!

Maria_Pucek replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Maria_Pucek

Maria_Pucek

April 15, 2022 at 6:51 PM

Hello! What a nice gesture!

There are many places and projects available for you to volunteer.

Starting from healthcare volunteering project,teaching volunteer work,orphanage volunteer work to women empowerment volunteer work.

Most programs are operated in the capital – Stone Town but there are also placements in more rural towns and villages. There are also marine projects in Kizimkazi. You might also like to search all of Africa volunteering programs.

If you love animals and want to help in that field,you can apply to volunteer in Jozani Forest as a Rainforest and Coastal Conservation volunteer or if you like sealife more,you can apply to volunteer as assistant with nursing and treating injured sea turtles in Turtle Conservation in Nungwi.

Pemba island(island close to Zanzibar) is offering volunteering position as english teacher at Pemba speaking club.

We actually have an article about volunteering on Zanzibar so you can check here for far more informations and details:

Volunteer on Zanzibar | WeAreZanzibar

I’m gonna also leave you a link for a website where you can find out even more and apply for volunteering: https://www.crhopefoundation.org/become-a-volunteer/?fbclid=IwAR389zxtDDbkwDXlSUQVD90rGjFvOSu8OEsKatjp9_EmCLfkyQPswL8CxrA

Good luck with finding perfect place for you to give out help!

Volunteer on Zanzibar

Reply to: Ellen Gio
Cancel
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now